Star Trek: The Original Series is the first Star Trek TV series. Set in the 23rd century, it features the voyages of the starship Enterprise and its crew. The crew is headed by Captain James T. Kirk, first officer Spock, and chief medical officer Leonard McCoy.
Star Trek aired from September 8, 1966 to June 3, 1969. During its original run, the series received low ratings, but gained popularity in the 1970s when it went into syndication, eventually becoming a cult classic. First came a animated series and eventually six feature films: The Motion Picture, The Wrath of Khan, The Search for Spock, The Voyage Home, The Final Frontier and The Undiscovered Country.
- Captain James T. Kirk acted by William Shatner
- Mr. Spock acted by Leonard Nimoy
- Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy acted by DeForest Kelley
- Montgomery "Scotty" Scott acted by James Doohan
- Janice Rand acted by Grace Lee Whitney
- Hikaru Sulu acted by George Takei
- Nyota Uhura acted by Nichelle Nichols
- Pavel Chekov acted by Walter Koenig
- Christine Chapel/Number One acted by Majel Barrett
- John Kyle acted by John Winston